Saturday, June 7, 2008

Late Spring 2008 Update

So it's been awhile since my last post, and let me tell you it's been crazy around here!! I'd say enough said, but those of you who know me know that that is just not my style! So here goes....


A couple of birthdays have come and gone (Rick, Brian, Margo and Cami is this next week), and I think that they are all recovering nicely for being a year older. We'll leave their actual ages alone for now (though Brian is barely hanging on to his 20's).


Margo has joined us here in the household last month and the transition is now moving along more smoothly. For those of you who have not met her, she is Rick's Mom. She is getting ready for a hip, then knee replacement surgeries and is counting down the days.


Previously I mentioned that baseball was 4 days a week, well, I jinxed myself. It had turned into a daily event. Seriously. Practice or a game everyday for awhile with playoffs, then Tournament of Champions (TOC). Yikes! We have our 3rd T.O.C game this afternoon with another on Cami's birthday next week. Chan rotates between pitching and fielding (he can play all positions except catcher, but prefers 3rd base or shortstop if he is not not on the mound). The schedule really puts a damper on a regular meal schedule. And please don't get me started on scrubbing the stains out of the blasted white pants that they have to wear because I refuse to let him wear dingy white pants to a game!


Cami's birthday party is tomorrow, we invited 39 kids. Yep, I'm nuts. I'll let you know how we fair with that later on. She is excited though. She will be turning 7 on the 11th this month.


My family had a medical scare with my uncle who had major surgery and fortunately pulled through, but it was a stressful time for me on top of everything else that I was dealing with. He seems to be doing much better though.


Quite frankly life is so busy that I find I can actually fall asleep at night, sometimes even in the afternoon if I sit down on the couch for a few minutes to rest. A surprising change for someone who has had insomnia for her whole life! I try not to sit on the couch in the afternoon very often though as it throws me off and makes for a very cranky mommy!!!


On a good note, we finally got the curtains up in both Chan's and the master bedrooms. Yeah! Baby steps. Its amazing how much has to be done and how little time there actually is to do it. Rick did rebuild the dog run area with a new deck, rock walk way, new sod and umbrella (I'll post a photo). And Cami's new built-in closet and shelves are almost done (not store units, all handmade by Rick). The downstairs bath mirror and plumbing are complete as well. Like I said, baby steps.


Today is a busy day for us; a game and my family will all be with us which is the best part as my sister Crystal and her girls and my Grams are all in town and will be staying here tonight as well as my parents so I am off to plan whatever....


Take Care. Love,

Stef

No comments: