Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July

It's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's Super-Chan

Mr and Misses Trouble


Chan & Rick (and Maggie)
Cami
Cami


Stef
Stef & Max


Jack-knived Chan
Cam & Chan
Cam & Chan


Well the 4th of July has come and gone yet again like a blink in the night. My Parents, Grammie, and Sister Shell and her family all were here to celebrate with us. The afternoon was pretty much spent in the pool or lazing around the house, it was a very low-key day, my favorite kind! The Laguna Niguel firework show is shot up off the lake, which is right at the end of our street, which is might convenient for us lazy folks who don't want to travel anywhere (i.e., me) on a holiday anylonger. But talk about a bust this year!! A few minutes into the display and there was a hillside fire and the fireworks ceased, several neighbors called into the city and were told that the show was over, so in came the chairs and blankies, and we were off to do the dishes. An hour later the show finale started back up, no warning, just boom! It's a good thing that we only had to walk outside to enjoy the show and not travel anywhere, nor pay for the inconvenience factor!




Not much else is happening around here, or atleast worth mentioning. Cambrie is in summer school and at the YMCA for the summer camp programs, keeping her active and fine-tuning her math and reading skills, getting her ready for 2nd grade in the Fall. Chan has been my lazy boy the past couple of weeks, though he is currently at my parents (with a quick layover at Shell's house) for a few days. Margo is getting ready for the first of her surgeries, right hip replacement, and has suffered through more pokes and prodding by the doctors than she planned on, but has received the green light for her medical clearance!



We are heading up to Yosemite for a week of camping (let's all say yeah together, since you all know how much I love dirty feet and public showers/toilets). Did I also mention that we would be there for our wedding anniversary...?? Nice planning on Ricks part, wouldn't you say? No worries, he will be making it up to me, BIG TIME, the weekend when we get home. As a concession to me (and my high-maintenance issues as he puts it), we will be staying in the House Keeping Camp which offers electricity (now this is a big whoo hoo, I can blow dry my hair!!), but still requires outdoor cooking and firepits. Needless to say, the kids are looking forward to it, so off I will go and be a good sport about it.


We haven't seen much of the guys lately. Brian and Rick have dinner a couple of times a month when they can fit it into to their schedules and Tony has been extremely busy with a recent move and studying for his brokers exam, but has a birthday this week so we are planning on seeing him soon. I wish I had better or recent pictures of them to post. I'll have to work on that this month.



As for Rick and I, well, he's busy as ever at work, with projects here at home and trying to fit in rounds of golf or atleast hitting a few buckets of balls everyweek. As for me, I'm keeping busy with the kids, Margo's appts, the house, etc. Being graceful as ever, I did manage to miss a few steps on the stairs last month and tear the tendons in my knee, which is one slow and painful healing process!


I'll post again with new photos as I take them. Stay safe and enjoy your summer.

Stef

No comments: