Sunday, November 2, 2008

Another year older and a tad bit wiser...

Yep, that's 38 of those babies!!

So I’ve turned another year older and have realized a few things in my old age…

First and foremost, DO NOT step on the scale on your birthday, no matter what. I know that we all have weekly habits and chores, such as taking out the trash, changing the litter in the cat box, grocery shopping, but spare yourself the heartache and pass on the scale. Trust me. And for heaven sakes, do not weigh in the morning after either. You gave yourself a pass to eat any and everything on your special day, so why ruin the afterglow by depressing yourself at that point?

Second, if you are going to indulge in everything without guilt, avoid discomfort and wear stretchy pants, avoid the button and zipper route!

Third, do not mention to your spouse that you want candles on your cake, especially when there are so many. Have you ever tried to blow out your age with the same amount of candles?

In all honesty, it was a pretty lazy day for me, and I was spoiled beyond belief by my wonderful Hubby. We decided to have Fondue here at home, and Holy Cow did we eat! Three different fondue pots: one with five different meats and sauces, a yummy white cheese pot with crusty breads and the decadent chocolate pot with fruits, marshmallows and Angel Food cake. The Angel Food cake being the one Rick decided to stick the candles in.

It was a tad bit weird as I think that this was the first year that I did not spend with my parents or sisters. We used to spend Halloween together every year and have all the kids Trick or Treat together, a dual party for the holiday and me. I guess that as we get older life changes.

Thank you to all my family and friends who helped to make my day as special as it was!




Cami enjoying the Chocolate Fondue



Cami (in the blue Goalie jersey), kicking the ball



Cami playing her favorite position as Goalie


Yes, we indulged and ate the entire pot!


Rick and Cambrie

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy birthday Steph! And you are not old! I'm glad you had a great day!

Stephanie said...

Thanks! After eating all the food, I feel it!!

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday oldie! Sorry I didn't get to see you yesterday!